VMware offers world-class certification programs to ensure and validate the technical competencies and expertise needed to install, manage, deploy and support VMware software. Recognized by the industry, VMware certifications are available for three distinct skill levels on the current version of our software VMware vSphere 4 and VMware vCenter Server 4.
Whether you are advancing your current position or looking for new opportunities, to be competitive in today’s IT job market, you will want to develop and demonstrate your technical expertise in virtual infrastructure. Read about our different programs and take your first step towards gaining the in-depth skills and industry recognition offered by VMware Certifications.
Now we see the VCP on vSphere™ 4:
How can I become a VCP on vSphere™ 4
There are four possible paths to acheive VCP on vSphere™ 4
- If you are NEW to VMware
- Attend the VMware vSphere™ 4: Install, Configure, Manage course; attend the VMware vSphere 4: Fast Track course or attend the VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting course.
- Take and pass the VCP on vSphere™ 4 exam
- If you are currently a VCP on VMware Infrastructure 3
- VCPs on VI3 must attend the VMware vSphere 4: What’s New class, then take and pass the VCP4 exam in order to upgrade.
- If you are currently a VCP on ESX 2.x
- If you are not a VCP on VI3, but have attended one of the prerequisite classes (Install & Configure; Deploy Secure & Analyze; or Fast Track).
- Attend the VMware vSphere™ 4: What’s New course.
- Take and pass the VCP on vSphere™ 4 Exam.
View File for Additional Details (VCP on vSphere 4 paths 4.29.09.pdf)
How many questions are on the exam?
There are 85 questions on this exam.
How much time will I have to complete the exam?
The exam is 90 minutes long. Your total seat time will be 105 minutes. 15 minutes are used for a survey and agreements.
For those in countries where English is not a national language, an automatic 30 minutes time extension will be granted. Please confirm this with Pearson VUE before beginning your exam.
What if I don’t pass the exam?
You can attempt the exam again. There is a 7 day waiting period between attempts. Each attempt will require a new payment. Once you pass the exam you will not be able to take it again.
What is covered on the VCP4 Exam?
Please review the exam blueprint.
View File for Additional Details (VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 4 Blueprint 8.13.09.pdf)
What is the passing score for the VCP4 exam?
The passing score for the VCP4 exam is 300. The exam is scored on a scale of 100 to 500.
When will the VCP4 exam be available?
The exam is now available through Pearson VUE!