VCP on vSphere™ 4 Certification Overview
VMware offers world-class certification programs to ensure and validate the technical competencies and expertise needed to install, manage, deploy and support VMware software. Recognized by the industry, VMware certifications are available for three distinct skill levels on the current version of our software VMware vSphere 4 and VMware vCenter Server 4.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
- VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
Whether you are advancing your current position or looking for new opportunities, to be competitive in today’s IT job market, you will want to develop and demonstrate your technical expertise in virtual infrastructure. Read about our different programs and take your first step towards gaining the in-depth skills and industry recognition offered by VMware Certifications.
Now we see the VCP on vSphere™ 4:
There are four possible paths to acheive VCP on vSphere™ 4
- If you are NEW to VMware
- Attend the VMware vSphere™ 4: Install, Configure, Manage course; attend the VMware vSphere 4: Fast Track course or attend the VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting course.
- Take and pass the VCP on vSphere™ 4 exam
- If you are currently a VCP on VMware Infrastructure 3
- VCPs on VI3 must attend the VMware vSphere 4: What’s New class, then take and pass the VCP4 exam in order to upgrade.
- If you are currently a VCP on ESX 2.x
- Follow Path 1.
- If you are not a VCP on VI3, but have attended one of the prerequisite classes (Install & Configure; Deploy Secure & Analyze; or Fast Track).
- Attend the VMware vSphere™ 4: What’s New course.
- Take and pass the VCP on vSphere™ 4 Exam.
There are 85 questions on this exam.
The exam is 90 minutes long. Your total seat time will be 105 minutes. 15 minutes are used for a survey and agreements.
For those in countries where English is not a national language, an automatic 30 minutes time extension will be granted. Please confirm this with Pearson VUE before beginning your exam.
You can attempt the exam again. There is a 7 day waiting period between attempts. Each attempt will require a new payment. Once you pass the exam you will not be able to take it again.
Please review the exam blueprint.
The passing score for the VCP4 exam is 300. The exam is scored on a scale of 100 to 500.
The exam is now available through Pearson VUE!